Monday, July 12, 2010

All my "blah". Actually... this is about the blessings in life

Man! want to know why I haven't blogged in a long time? let's start:
I've been traveling like crazy: In May and June we've been to Las Vegas, Alabama, Salt Lake, Idaho, Blanding, Santa Fe, and Salt Lake again.
Lost my $200 camera, hence I seem to think blogging won't work without pictures
Someone got my card info and started making purchases, we were $200 in the hole for a while
We have NO money, so I started editing again ... all day every day.
Therefore, everything else I need to do, isn't getting done
Nate's been on 3 scout campouts in 1 month
Nate also has 4 home study college courses to finish in the month of July, he took 15 credits this summer
I'm incredibly lonely, and I wish Joey had friends too.
I have been sick as heck, so tired I can hardly function, I'm emotional, and feel like I'll passout most moments.
Been doing all sorts of things to loose weight for 3 months, haven't lost a freakin' pound. I've really had to work through my anger about that one.
We completely rearranged the house, it has been quite the process and I'm still not done organizing.
Not to mention, everything else.

I have come to believe that every experience we have is one we chose so that we could learn the lessons we needed, overcome what we came to earth to overcome, and, in turn, become our best and highest selves. I also believe that every once in a while we are affected by the bad choices of others, and in those times, if we are doing our best, God takes care of us and uses it for our good.

Well, here I am:
Although the traveling is what made most of the messes, it has been the only fun I've really had in a long time and I'm very grateful for them.
My camera is still lost and I am still praying I'll find it, or that a magical $200 will show up so I can buy a new one.
The bank took care of the fraud, and we got our money back today, now we have $50 in the account! Woo hoo!!!!I was inspired to look at my account online and noticed it just after it had happened. I think we were able to cancle the order they made. I am grateful because the bank frooze the card, the person tried to make 3 other large purchases. And, I was paid early for piano teaching, so now I can cash the check and go buy groceries for the first time in a month.
The past two months, no editing jobs have been available, but since I've needed to make money, I've had jobs all week.
Who cares if my house is a mess, and if I'm a mess? well, I do. I will have to take Wednesday off!
Nate is graduating in December ... I thought this would never happen. But now I wonder: Do I want it to happen?
Nate will soon have the money to take his certification test and will become and energy/holistic therapist. Send clients his way!
A friend invited me to go to a movie with her and her friends. It felt good that at least on person in Cedar City thinks I'm not too detestable to have around. (I know, everybody loves me :) I just still don't know many people here).
We finally figured out what's making me sick, and are learning more. I inhaled green algea while living in England. That's right, I have mold in my body. It has attacked my nervous system and is making me dizzy, tired, light headed, confused, tipsy, weak and shaky, on the verge of siezers, not getting a lot of sleep (I could lay awake all night), and that's just some of it. I remember when Joey was first born I was afraid I would drop him, or drop a cup of water when drinking. I am SOOOO excited, I'm taking stuff and it is leaving my body. It will take about 2 months, and I am looking forward to it. My one frustration is that I'm told I may also have Lyme disease and the agenda for getting rid of that, right now, feels like hell to me (yes, I did just say that).
I finally got to let go, and am now learning to just love my body, as is. I hear that loving your body is the best way to heal, but I am trying not to love it just so it will change, but to just love it even if it never does... It's a work in progress. Now, if I just had pants to wear; I will save money to go buy some non-maternity pants (yeah, it's embarrassing), because I only have one pair. I use to have pants, but they got too big and I'm grateful that I'm at least not where I used to be. I have gotten smaller since last year.
Our apartment is awesome, I've gotten rid of stuff, and it's just a good thing.
Now if I could just go to sleep and not wake up for a week. Or at least stay in bed for a day?

Meanwhile I have the most wonderful Angel kids and an incredible husband. I also don't know what I would do without my mom.

In other words, life has been a very big, hard, wonderful struggle for me recently. But I think that's because I'm on the verge of some major breakthroughs. I'm glad God loves me and is making this all good! If nothing else, I do know that God loves me and he has always taken care of me. When it comes time to pay the rent, we will have the money; we always have some how. And, I think learning to love myself is the most important thing I can do here on earth. I am reading a book called "you can heal your life" by Louise Hay, and her main purpose is teaching you how to love yourself. I love it and recommend it. She believes that the route of issue is not loving the self, and I'm starting to agree. I'm also reading Elder Uchtdorf's talks on hope from a few years ago and his last conference talk on patience, among other things, which I also recommend.

If you remember, pray for Nate to be successful, and for me to just make it. I'm glad I at least have you, whoever you are.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Kristen - I'm sorry to hear things have been crazy for you lately. I'm glad to hear things are looking up and I hope everything continues getting better!

Kelsey

TESSA said...

Oh my goodness! I understand the frustration and the trials. I'm glad you're doing such a good job working through them all...even if it doesn't feel like it at the moment. You are amazing. I'm sure all sorts of wonderful blessings are on your way. If you ever figure out how to have more patience in trials...let me know how that works. I'm struggling with that myself. :)