and his nose is runny
and you think it's funny
it's not.
It feels like that's all it's done in Cedar City lately. We got 5 inches yesterday morning, then another inch later in the day. Today it has snow about fifty times, on and off. When we left for choir this afternoon, we were seriously in a blizzard. Our poor friend had just seen two of her kids off driving back to college about an hour before it started; she was really worried. One kid had called about already told her they had slid off the road just getting off an exit, going 20 mph. Oye. On the way home from Thanksgiving, Nate and I ran into a snow storm 20 mins from home, in Parawan. We finally pulled over and waited at a travel stop for about 1 1/2 hours before getting on and turtle-ing the rest of the way. We had a nother friend tell us that last year she was on the freeway at Cedar City and there was suddenly a white out, everybody just stopped and waited. The wind here gets really bad and Cedar City has worse than average electric service (it goes out randomly all the time) so we've had a few black outs. I can't say I like the snow here, but I know it's nothing compared to what the east has been experiencing recently. This year is the first time I really remembering just wishing spring would come. I could really use some sunshine. Anyway, one fun of it all is that Nate and Joey went out and played and made a snowman. Joey was so cute: troomping around grabbing a dob of snow and then carefully patting it onto the snowman. He loves his snow man. He now sits in his chair at the kitchen table and stares at him, talks about him, and talks to him. When it started snowing today, Joey yelled at the snowman and told him to take cover!
No comments:
Post a Comment