Sunday, January 10, 2010

Finishing off 2009

Does anybody know a better way to blog? I hate uploading pictures and trying to get them where they are supposed to be, ect. First let me say, my only motivation to actually sit down and finally blog is that I want Nate's family to be able to see Joey and Daniel because they live far away and we see them once a year. It doesn't hurt that my parents get to read it too, but other than that I don't think many other people even read this. I often have this argument in my head with myself: "You need to update your blog" "No, it's a waste of time and I have better things to do" "but Joey's grandparents want pictures" "I know, I know" ... a month later, I update!

So after turkey day, Nate finished up school and I ran around like a chicken. We used our final bucks in December until we could leave to Santa Fe. Once we got there we had about $10 left. We weren't going to leave until the 11th but then Nate talked to his professor and he told Nate that he didn't have to take his final. So we left on Tuesday instead of Friday. We found this out on Monday. Nate was relieved because this last finals was just for a seminar class and all the final would have been was a discussion feedback thing. We were going to have to stay an extra week just for that. We could have left earlier, too, but left last minute and left the house in upheeval.
In Santa Fe, Nate worked for my dad a little and at Big 5 full time. My mom and I shopped and sewed. I helped my Dad shop for my mom and it was fun to play Santa Clause. Santa Clause came to visit in his firetruck on Christmas Eve ! For Christmas, Joey got a motorcycle, Mater and the King from cars, castle marble works, and all sorts of other things. We came home and got rid of toys! He plays with toy cars all day and asks me to let him watch cars about every 10 minutes. My grandparents were supposed to come but couldn't which depressed us. We all just wished, too, that we had had Brad and Katie there! We were happy to meet baby Aubrey though! Nate got a leather jacket and I got and Iron skillet. Nate went with Dad, Brian, and Julian to the Sunbowl in El Paso on New Years eve. While they were gone Joey played endlesssly with Grandmas lego car track and Scott and Mom built a skyscraper and a car garage out of legos to go with the road.
Now we're back in windy C town and Nate is back to the school routine while I am readjusting to being alone with the kids. Our house is a mess and I'm feel out of control, and braindead, but am slowly starting to function. We are now training Daniel to fall alsleep by himself and sleep through the night, wish us luck! Daniel is sitting up and trying really hard to crawl - he can get anywhere he wants to using some wierd army crawl/push off of his feet thing. I've been editing a little, resistantly. I made enough money so that Nate and I can go play raquetball each week for this semester and pay a babysitter. Now we've got to figure out who to use because I am ultra picky about who touches my kids. Nate is looking for a job and we are planning our spring break trip to Alabama. Has anyone ever bought tickets on Priceline? How did it go?

Now here's the pictures!

2 comments:

morningtheft said...

I have a girl here at work that swears by Priceline. The only issue she had to report on was that you cannot change your tickets what so ever. You just have to be sure you are getting exactly what you want. Looks like you had fun. What's with the fire truck?

Kristen said...

Santa Clause drove the firetruck. Actually Mr. Lamoreux drove Santa Clause in the truck. It's decorated crazy!