My grandma. She would have been 93 years old in September. On Monday, May 31, 2010, she got to go home to be with her husband, her three children, all her siblings (some 25 of them), and everyone else who knew her here on Earth. I know she had quite the welcoming party. About 2 months ago I felt like sending a card to my grandma. I'm glad I did. I told her that I loved her and was grateful for the life that she has lived, Joey drew her a picture, and we sent a picture of all my dad's grandkids, her great grandkids. The one thing about Grandma for me is that she never seemed in great health (from my perception) but she made it to almost every special occasion in our lives. I don't think traveling was easy for her, but she came to everything! I am one of her youngest grandkids, so my older cousins probably remember her differently (my great grandma on my mom's side just died last year at 99, somehow my mom and dad were close enough in age to get married). I'm grateful, too, to my Aunts Reah and Dorthea who took care of her, and are taking care of all the funeral plans. I loved my cousin Kelsey's blog about her.
Thank you Grandma for being you. I'm glad to have you on the other side now, free of physical pain, working in our behalf.
Me and Grandma, Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta, 1987. I am 2 years old.
At my baptism, Aug 1993:
Her with her 7 surviving (out of 10) children:
These are at my wedding, Nov 2006
Grandma with 1 week old Joey, just before her 90th birthday party.
I didn't get to come with a new baby, so she stopped to see us.
4 generations!
Love you Grandma!!!!!!!







2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful woman to me! What a wonderful life! By the way...we've lived here for over 9 months now and we still haven't had the priviledge of watching your two cute boys while you go the temple! Let us know the next time you're down--it'd be great to catch up!
It's always so hard to say goodbye to someone you love that much. The gospel really is a comfort, though, and I'm so glad have that peace. Your grandma sounds cool. My last living grandparent (my mom's mom) turns 90 this month. She also is very cool...love her. Hugs to you and your fam!!!!
Post a Comment