Sunday, March 28, 2010

Early Easter

Our ward had Easter Sunday today, since conference is next Sunday. We did three numbers for choir, which I play the piano for, and then I gave a talk. The only other speaker was the Youth speaker, so I had a good 25 mins to fill up. It went really well, but can I say I felt a little over done afterward? Three piano songs and a talk was like "hello Kristen-fest"... Oye. 

Anyway, we are going to be in Santa Fe for Easter for the second annual Asa B. Laws family reunion. We had already bought our Easter stuff before the reunion was moved from July to next week, so we decided to have our own little Easter with the boys today. We watched Finding Faith in Christ with Joey and talked to Him about Jesus and why we celebrate Easter. Then we put some eggs, and three other candies not in eggs, in the "backyard".


We told Joey to run outside and find all the eggs and put them in his basket. He went out and started to find them (with our help) but when he came across the little chocolate bunny he almost picked it up and then stopped. He passed over the two skittle bags too: anything that wasn't an egg! So then we had to tell him to pick up the candy next. He's so literal! He also named some of the colors as he picked them up: "yellow egg". One of Joey's eggs had a toy police car to add to his already overgrown collection. Daniel got an egg with Cherrios in it.

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a funny little guy! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about church. Sometimes I have to play the piano, give a talk, and/or give a lesson, and I feel like it's the Chelsea show.
I have yet to try and juggle that with 2 kids, though....

TESSA said...

Wow...you shouldn't have to speak in sacrament meeting again for a couple of years now. I'm impressed you accomplished everything and stayed sane! Sounds like a fun early Easter.